12 Things I Wish I Had Known About Graduate School
- You thought you knew there would be less money, but there really is less money.
- You should have bought your own espresso machine sooner.
- The APA manual is your friend. Purdue OWL is your BFF.
- Listen. Don’t talk so much.
- Stop listening. Talk more.
- Time management (and the legendary state of balance) is in the eye of the beholder.
- Write. Write early. Write often.
- Be intentional.
- Know when to be disciplined.
- Know when not to care.
- Remember what’s important. Remember why you’re here.
- It will be over soon. Make the most of it.
I’m halfway done with my graduate program and reflecting on the year. What do you wish you had know about graduate school (or a challenge you took on)?